About Our Organization
The Georgetown Education Foundation is dedicated to providing expanded opportunities and experiences to the students of the Georgetown Public Schools. Our mission is to support innovative programs in order to encourage, demonstrate and recognize excellence in our schools for the benefit of students of all aspirations and abilities.
The Georgetown Education Foundation (GEF) was formally organized in 1991 as the “Georgetown Public Education Foundation”. It was formed as a broad-based community wide strategy to create funding sources to supplement our public schools, but not replace tax-based revenues. The GEF founders felt it was necessary to further strengthen the community support base for the public schools, particularly after the passage of Proposition 2 ½ during the 1980’s and the resulting reduction in state and federal funding.
- Encourage and enhance creative and innovative educational programs
- Provide monetary support for program implementation
- Recognize outstanding achievement by teachers
- Improve and expand the professional development of staff
- Serve as an advocate for the Georgetown Public Schools
- Strengthen the alliance between the schools and the business and civic communities
- Provide annual grant cycle to fund supplemental opportunities in Science, Technology and the Arts
- Acquire additional funding through public and private grants
The Georgetown Education Foundation (GEF) is committed to protecting the privacy of our web site visitors, members and donors. Personal information gathered by the GEF will be kept confidential subject to the following exceptions:
- The GEF may share contact information with other non-profit organizations that are partnering with the GEF on specific events.
- The GEF will transmit credit card and contact information to our credit card processing service as required to complete transactions. The transmission of such information will be by secure encrypted channel only.
- Donations to the GEF are fully refundable for 7 calendar days after the date of the donation. The donor must contact the GEF in writing within this period to request a refund.
- Tickets to GEF events are fully refundable for 7 calendars days after the date of purchase except that no refunds will be given within 14 days of the event. The donor must contact the GEF in writing within this period to request a refund.
- Purchases at GEF events are non refundable.