Links for Learning | 2017
This is a FUN golf event! Golfers of all types, skill levels, and senses of humor are welcome!!
Monday, September 18th, 2017
Black Swan Country Club
258 Andover Street, Georgetown, MA 01833
Golf begins with a shotgun start at 1:30 pm. Dinner is included with the golf.
GOLF SCRAMBLE RULES: (all golf rules shall conform to USGA Rules). All rules interpretations will be handled and resolved by the Tournament Competition Committee.
1. A scramble means that all four team members tee off on each hole and then decide which tee shot they like the best and mark the spot with a tee or ball marker.
2. The other team members pick up their balls and place them within one club length (no closer to the hole) of the marked spot. Each team member hits their next shot from the chosen spot of the prior shot.
3. This procedure is followed on every shot for the remainder of the hole, including putts. The ball should be marked on the putting green also.
4. Putts need to be made within 3 inches of the marked spot (no closer to the hole). The first ball to go in the hole is counted for the team score.
5. If the ball you choose to play is in a hazard (sand, water, etc.), the rough, or out of bounds, you cannot drop the ball outside of the hazard or rough even if relief is within one club length away.
6. Men tee off from the white tees and women from the red tees.
We would like to acknowledge the original founders of Links for Learning; Heather Hartford and Ken Kumph without whom this event would not exist. Heather and Ken started the event, successfully ran it for three years and then turned it over to the GEF to continue. We truly appreciate Heather and Ken’s commitment to our children and our community.
GEF Mission Statement
The Georgetown Education Foundation is dedicated to providing expanded opportunities and experiences to the students of the Georgetown Public Schools. Our mission is to support innovative programs in order to encourage, demonstrate and recognize excellence in our schools for the benefit of students of all aspirations and abilities.
Past and Current Use of Proceeds
All money raised through Links for Learning helps to support the Georgetown Public School System for the betterment of our children, their education and our town. Previously, the Georgetown Education Foundation has used the proceeds from the Links for Learning golf tournament to fund a computer lab at the Penn Brook School, the ConnectEd system, Smart Boards and multiple teacher grants.
Mulligans are 4 for $10. The limit is 4 Mulligans per player.
We will have a brief live auction after dinner.
Raffle cost is $20 for 10 tickets.